Sam's Bungalows - Bukit Lawang
* Sam's Bungalows reviews (5 reviews)
Accommodation in Bukit Lawang
Sam's Bungalows are located at the top end of Bukit Lawang. Follow the path upstream of the Bohorok River around a 15 minute walk from the start of Bukit Lawang. It is located right next to Jungle Inn and the river crossing across to the Bohorok Orangutan Rehabilitation centre.
Sam's Bungalows have 5 rooms priced at 100,000Rp, 180,000Rp and 200,000Rp or 350,000Rp per night.
Contact number - +62 813 7009 3597 or 0813 7009 3597. This is a mobile phone so can accept SMS or text message for reservations.
If you would like a car to collect you from your hotel in Medan or from the airport and be taken to Bukit Lawang click here to contact us. Price is 600,000Rp (around 49 Euros) for up to 4 people. This is a quicker, safer trip of under 3 hours from your hotel. The vehicle used is a new air-conditioned Ford Everest SUV.
contact us if you have a larger group and a price can be quoted for a larger vehicle.
Last updated 29th August 2010
16th September 2009 - review from Marco
We had a really good time in Bukit Lawang and at Sam's GH.
26th August 2009 - Carla from Holland
We had a lovely stay with these lovely people. I can recommend their bungalows to everybody. Especially nice we had a room for three persons
21st August 2009 - Travis from Scottsdale USA
Sam's is absolutely beautiful and charming. Sam's has very nice
rooms with mosquito nets and outstanding views of the river and
jungle, easy walk to center of town or to lounge by river. His
restaurant has delicious food on a spectacular verandah overlooking
the river. But Sam himself is simply gentle and friendly and a real
asset to Bukit Lawang
30th June 2009 - Ken from Austria
Absolute recommendation. Sam, the 27 years old owner is a very gentle and kind man who also acts as a guide. He was born in Bukit Lawang, survived the flood and has great experience. Rooms are simple but comfortable, food is good and beer is cold.
3rd February 2009 - Scott from Sydney Australia
The restaurant at Sam's Bungalow serves really good food and is a great place to chill out and look over the river to the Jungle
Email Not published
English - Indonesian translator/dictionary
© 2009 Sumatra Travel
Other Travel sites:
Sumatra * Aceh * Batam * Berastagi * Bukit Lawang * Bukittinggi * Lake Maninjau * Lake Toba
* Medan * Padang * Pekanbaru * Pulau Banyak * Pulau Nias * Pulau Weh * Tangkahan
* Bali * Kuta * Seminyak * Sanur * Nusa Dua * Nusa Lembongan * Lovina * Pulau Menjangan * Ubud
* Java * Jakarta * Jogjakarta * Semarang * Surabaya * Bandung * Malang * Bogor * Cirebon * Solo
* Kalimantan * Banjarmasin * Palangkaraya * Pangkalanbun * Pontianak * Balikpapan * Samarinda
* Sulawesi * Manado * Makassar * Palu * Kendari
* Gili Islands * Lombok * Flores * Komodo * Maluku
* West Papua * West Timor
* Malaysia * Kuala Lumpur * Ipoh * Penang * Melaka * Mersing * Johor Bahru * Kota Kinabalu * Langkawi Island
* Kuching * Tioman lsland * Redang Island * Perhentian Islands * Pangkor Island * Sibu Island * Sipadan Island
Australia * Sydney Travel Guide * Sydney Restaurant Guide * Sydney Luxury Hotels * Sydney Budget Hotels
* Sydney Tours * Parramatta Travel Guide * Parramatta Hotel Guide * Parramatta Restaurant Guide
* Brisbane Travel Guide * Brisbane Restaurant Guide * Brisbane Budget Hotels
* Melbourne Travel Guide * Melbourne Restaurant Guide