Batang Gadis National Park
Sumatra National Parks
The Batang Gadis National Park is located within Sumatra. Located in North Sumatra is now forms a corridor of National Parks including Gunung Leuser.
Within the Batang Gadis National Park there is believed to be around 50 Sumatra Tigers as well as around 60 to 80 Sumatran elephants. There are other threatened wild cats in the newly declared protected area. There have also been signs of Asiatic golden cat and clouded leopard.
Other findings include the presence of Malayan tapir, siamang, gibbons, banded leaf monkey, Malayan porcupine and sun bear. There are also a number of other threatened species including Sumatra organutan, Sumatra rhinoceros and Sumatran elephants.
Last updated - 7th September 2008
English - Indonesian translator/dictionary
© 2009 Sumatra Travel
Other Travel sites: * Indonesia
* Bali * Kuta * Seminyak * Sanur * Nusa Dua * Nusa Lembongan * Lovina * Pulau Menjangan * Ubud
* Java * Jakarta * Jogjakarta * Semarang * Surabaya * Bandung * Malang * Bogor * Cirebon * Solo
* Kalimantan * Banjarmasin * Palangkaraya * Pangkalanbun * Pontianak * Balikpapan * Samarinda
* Sulawesi * Manado * Makassar * Palu * Kendari
* Gili Islands * Lombok * Flores * Komodo * Maluku
* West Papua * West Timor
* Malaysia * Kuala Lumpur * Ipoh * Penang * Melaka * Mersing * Johor Bahru * Kota Kinabalu * Langkawi Island
* Kuching * Tioman lsland * Redang Island * Perhentian Islands * Pangkor Island * Sibu Island * Sipadan Island
Australia * Sydney Travel Guide * Sydney Restaurant Guide * Sydney Luxury Hotels * Sydney Budget Hotels
* Sydney Tours * Parramatta Travel Guide * Parramatta Hotel Guide * Parramatta Restaurant Guide