Bull Fighting- Sumatra Indonesia
|Bull fighting, or water
buffalo fighting, is
practiced across most of Sumatra. It is very different to the Spanish bull
fighting with a Matador against the bull. In Sumatra they fight bull against
bull and very rarely is there injury to the bulls.
The bulls are generally starved for several days to put them in a bad mood. They are then brought to the field and pushed together until they lock horns and start to push against each other. The loser is the first bull to pull away from the fight and run away. Fights can last several seconds or alot longer depending on the determination of the bulls.
Although betting is illegal in Indonesia sometimes it seems that it is the number one pastime for Indonesian men.
Last updated 20th July 2008
English - Indonesian translator/dictionary
© 2009 Sumatra Travel
Other Travel sites:
Sumatra * Aceh * Batam * Berastagi * Bukit Lawang * Bukittinggi * Lake Maninjau * Lake Toba
* Medan * Padang * Pekanbaru * Pulau Banyak * Pulau Nias * Pulau Weh * Tangkahan
* Bali * Kuta * Seminyak * Sanur * Nusa Dua * Nusa Lembongan * Lovina * Pulau Menjangan * Ubud
* Java * Jakarta * Jogjakarta * Semarang * Surabaya * Bandung * Malang * Bogor * Cirebon * Solo
* Kalimantan * Banjarmasin * Palangkaraya * Pangkalanbun * Pontianak * Balikpapan * Samarinda
* Sulawesi * Manado * Makassar * Palu * Kendari
* Gili Islands * Lombok * Flores * Komodo * Maluku
* West Papua * West Timor
* Malaysia * Kuala Lumpur * Ipoh * Penang * Melaka * Mersing * Johor Bahru * Kota Kinabalu * Langkawi Island
* Kuching * Tioman lsland * Redang Island * Perhentian Islands * Pangkor Island * Sibu Island * Sipadan Island
Australia * Sydney Travel Guide * Sydney Restaurant Guide * Sydney Luxury Hotels * Sydney Budget Hotels
* Sydney Tours * Parramatta Travel Guide * Parramatta Hotel Guide * Parramatta Restaurant Guide